Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nostalgia

( its not only the blog but also the comments which follow!! )

Hello All,


I know I am just wasting some space by putting up an address field of a blog which i never write but believe me, I write only when I feel there is a need to talk to soo many people about it and I wont be able to repeat it again and again. So, guest appearance to this blog world at 3 AM in night is just because I saw a movie " The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" right now.


I know I am not a movie critic or something but yes I am great fan of 70 mm. I would strongly recommend people who have not seen this movie to see it. It is one of the Oscar nominees and you ll understand why once you watch it. Comparing it to " Slumdog Millionaire" I feel there is some fine difference in both and yet both alike !! Both the movies tell something. While the latter shows us the reality ( which we already know) about people ,their behaviour in slums/ cities in India( region specific) , the former takes us to a world about which we rarely think about. Some of the lines from the movie are just awesome. The acting is something that makes you feel on cloud 11 and there are some bits of YOU every there and then. We all are just busy in our studies/ jobs and stuff like that but we hardly take some time out alone with ourselves to think how many moments of joy we have spent together and how many more could had been spent. One of my friends, Potter aka Hemant Vyas, wrote a small, simple and humble mail just a week ago asking a small question.... What and for Whom are we doing whatever we are into? Are we doing those things to enjoy our life or we are living to enjoy those things? Many a times we miss some moments of Joy and Togetherness with our dear ones just because we are BUSY !! Busy with something which we are doing to keep our dear ones happy and we are ignoring them when they are indeed having moments of joy just because we are BUSY. Have you ever realised the smile on Dad's face when you are back home after a long gap and tearful eyes of Mom when you are a day before leaving to "WORK". We are just chasing a mirage and we always try to beat the Horizon...................... Its time to realise that we work to live not live to work !! Enjoy life to the fullest. Try being with your dear ones, family, pals as much as you can because " Life is not measured in Years that you live but the Moments you breathe" !!!!!

5 comments:

The Furobiker said...

u wont believe.. but i ws reading potters mail today and was writing a blog about it!!!

Damn!

you know what made me nostalgic and forced me to write the blog? i checked ur mail on yahoogroups and then started thinking. Why did i choose to come to this far place. What did i gain, and what all i have to loose. I gained nothing, maybe a few pennies and something to crap about on my resume, but lost the chance to meet so many of my friends again. The only and the closest buddies i have in my life. Just to meet whom i ran to goa, even if was for a couple of days. and i became sad.

i started remembering the days when we went to daeds hometown to his sis marriage and then imagined raju being there getting married.

and then i remembered the college days, thought about baba ka jaikara in ur baarat.. and many more things.. probably felt so lonely and farr of after a long time.. after a long time those eyes became wet

Anonymous said...

not bad at all!!! ur a gud writer..!!! well i can never write a blog though fr sure...!!!

joshthemachine said...

Well i have not seen "The curious..." but i just love the path you chose to put forth your point.
The experience made me nostalgic too!!
My days at bhu,my friends and all.And the most special part was those lines about smile on father's face and mother's tearful eyes.Fantastic!!

Unknown said...

that sure was nostalgic!!
What u hav put forth is very true..in pursuit of few pennies & Resume updations, v actually lose out on the very purpose of making our life a better..family,friends are long lost..
'BUSY WITH WORK' seems to b our mantra...
What u said abt Mom n Dad is really heartening..

Ish said...

Hey Baba, I hope it is not too late to post a comment but I agree with surd. Just wanted you to know that when you were getting married somebody was trying hard that his wishes reach you safely...did you feel the tickle...hahaha...well that was me, just making my presence felt. Have a handsome life Baba.

Signing off